Where did the time go???? We officially graduated from our 200 hour yoga teacher training yesterday. I was just getting started. Yoga is so much bigger and so much more generous than I ever imagined. There is a path for everyone and the fun part is discovering your own. I came to yoga to calm my frenetic hungry philosopher mind. In the vast yoga terrain I like to roam Hatha yoga, Vinyasa and Yin. As Jacqueline would say “let your thoughts rest on your breath.” I have found my place of rest on the yoga mat in movement inside and out. Relief.
I was honored to have my fellow yogis at my home for a celebratory dinner. What a wonderful group of people! Our menu included
- Chicken Kabobs [chicken pieces marinated in yogurt, almonds, saffron, ginger, cinnamon and cardamom]
- Aloo Gobi [Potatoes and Cauliflower cooked in a raisin, onion, ginger, tumeric, coriander and cumin sauce]
- Eggplant and pumpkin [cooked with indian panchforan/five spice, red peppers, tumeric and onions]
- Three lentil Dal [ a combination of red/masor, yellow/mong, and yellow split peas cooked with tumeric and ghee fried onions]
- White Basmati rice and store bought naan
We also had a delicious (surprisingly gluten free) brownies, a cake with nutella, a cheese platter, chips and dip, mango and malai ice cream and tiny samosas (the baked frozen packaged kind).
Most importantly, there was laughter. It was a great night celebrating our time together, full of gratitude, good food and friends. Makes any journey worth it.
More wobblyogi adventures to come!
Yoga image from nobleworks greeting card